Monday, October 1, 2012

SkinCeuticals C E Ferulic Serum Review - It's like having Thanksgiving on your face


From their site:
C E Ferulic® is a revolutionary antioxidant combination that delivers advanced protection against photoaging by neutralizing free radicals, boosting collagen synthesis, and providing unmatched antioxidant protection. More protection means more youthful looking skin and better defense against environmental aging.
  • Provides advanced environmental protection against UVA, UVB and infrared radiation A
  • Stimulates collagen synthesis to improve signs of aging
  • Increases firmness and replenishes lipids to reduce wrinkles
  • Once absorbed, this serum can’t be washed or rubbed off. It remains effective for a minimum of 72 hours, making it an excellent addition to sunscreen.

Ever wonder what it'll feel like to have a slab of turkey on your face? It might smell and feel like C E Ferulic. I wanted to like this serum after all the rave reviews and people I know in the beauty industry swear by it. I finally gave in, put my La Mer aside, and tried it for a week. I absolutely hate it. I wanted to stay on it longer so I can write a really in-depth review, but my skin started breaking out and my face was greasy all the time, I just couldn't stay on it anymore.

This is one of those products that looks so good on paper, but fails to deliver, at least for me. I know a lot of people that really like it, so maybe it just didn't sit well with my skin. If you have combination/oily skin, you might not want to use this, because it is very oily and my face was shiny the entire time when I was on this. And because it is so oily, my skin started breaking out where I normally wouldn't break out.

I thought it would improve as time goes on, but my skin started looking worse each day to a point that I just had to stop using it. The worse thing about this product is that it smells like turkey! I thought I got a bad bottle, so I went back to check on another bottle and did some research online and apparently, it just smells bad. I felt like I was rubbing a Turkey dinner grease all over my face when I put this on and the smells lingers on your face throughout the entire day. I also have severe allergies so the smell was not helping either.

Honestly, I am sure the product works well with some people, but I just can't get over the smell and the greasiness of it all. I also did not see anything positive other than my pores being enlarged and pimples started appearing.

Verdict: Skip it!
C E Ferulic is $146
http://www.skinceuticals.com/_us/_en/category/c-e-ferulic.htm

 


2 comments: