Thursday, October 11, 2012

Skinfood Rice Mask Wash off Review


A wash-off mask containing rice extract that moisturizes skin and brightens tone. With its texture of ground rice, it leaves skin bright, soft and lustrous.

I've been testing out a few products from SkinFood and so far I like most of their products. I've tried the entire Gold Caviar Line and my favorite from the line is the Gold Caviar Toner where you can see the gold flakes floating in the toner. My review of that can be read here.

The Rice Wash Off Mask is a great product I would definitely continue to buy and it's decently priced at $12. It's a big size tube that can last for a long time.

The texture is like rice pudding with grits of soft rice. It's great for anyone that is interested in an exfoliating scrub without the harshness of abrasive beads. My feel feels clean, smooth, and lightly exfoliated after using this mask. What I like most about this mask is the versatility of it. Because of its texture, it makes a great base to mix your own concoction of a mask. I've added different things to the mask to make it my own depending on my need.

This makes a great base for the famous (or infamous) Geisha Facial made famous by Shizuka New York Day Spa, which is basically a blend of rice bran powder and Nightingale Droppings/bird poop powder. They finish the facial with a bunch of other treatments and add-ons that you'll typically get if go to a spa, but the base is the mixture of bird poop and rice bran powder.

I've tried mixing it a few different ways and so far, this has been the best base for mixing the bird poop facial. Of course, it is perfectly fine on its own as a wash off mask.

Overall, this is a mask and also an exfoliating scrub I highly recommend and it is priced so well that everyone should just buy it to give it a try.

I've noticed SkinFood makes great scrubs, toners, scrubs, and mask.....better than their facial creams. Though their body lotions are awesome.

Verdict: Buy it!
Read more on their site- http://eng.theskinfood.com/products/product.asp?prdNo=63 -- The site is very lacking of info. 

Comment Below or join the conversation on Facebook, where I'm pretty active! www.facebook.com/themetroperspective

No comments:

Post a Comment