Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Goodbye Super by Dr. Nicholas Perricone!


Plagued by terrible marketing, the Super by Dr. Nicolas Perricone is discontinued! While I'm a fan of Perricone, I was not so much a fan of their "Super" line, which was a line of anti-aging products targeted towards the under 30 demographic. As someone that is in my mid 20's and a spender of luxury skincare products, I would much rather invest the money into his regular line of products, which has some great products with great ingredients.

The one thing that turned me off the most about "Super" was how they marketed the brand. Really, whoever came up with the concept of a woman being splashed in the face with white substance clearly did not do his/her research on Perricone's demographic. I personally found it tacky and disgusting. I work in Malibu so I went by their concept store/spa in the Malibu Country Mart and the moment you walk in, you're greeted by the gigantic poster of that woman's face splashed with white fluid. What are they selling and what kind of message are they sending??? Totally tasteless.

Needless to say, the spa/store is always empty and Sephora eventually pulled the line out of their stores earlier last year. Slowly, the brand started fading out and recently I went by the store in Malibu and it's now converted into a Perricone concept store where they carry the regular line.

I can't imagine the dollar they spent into research and marketing the Super line, but ultimately they just missed the mark. Perricone's demo are older and more sophisticated than the this whole "Super" mess. (Yes, pun intended.)
 
So goodbye "Super", it was nice not knowing you! 

Ps. I'm hearing amazing things on Perricone's Blue Plasma! I can't wait to try it.


Yes, let me tell you about our products while you're not distracted by this woman covered in white fluid behind me (photo credit Heidi Schumann for The New York Times)


1 comment:

  1. I've heard good things about this perricone product. Going on my wish list ♥ now. ☺

    ReplyDelete