Thursday, January 24, 2013

SkinFood Platinum Grape Cell Toner Review

Pretty bottle and packaging!

From their site:
A premium toner containing visible platinum particles and grape cells that provide intensive firming treatment for aging skin.

[Grape Cell Story]Bourgogne is one of the three best wine producers in France&mdashBordeaux, Bourgogne, and Cotes du Rohone&mdashknown for the Gamay grapes. Extracted from the Gamay grapes, our grape cells help regenerate skin cells, firming skin from the inside out.

[Platinum Story]
Platinum is one of the purest and rarest metals in the world. With excellent antioxidant effects, Platinum is used for Food, Medical, Cosmetics and etc.
It's a pump
My Take:
First of all, I am a big fan of their Gold Caviar Toner, so I thought I would give this one a try, and I think I might like this better!

The packaging is beautiful to look at and much more elaborate than the Gold Caviar Toner, which was wrapped in plastic. This one came in a nice sophisticated case like a wine bottle.

You can see the platinum particles
The product itself is a pump, which I like better. You can see the platinum particles floating in the bottles. It's beautiful to look at on the bathroom counter.

It smells like a mixture of wine and grape juice. It's a great light scent that won't give you a headache, which I do get sometimes from products that are way too fragrant. It is hydrating and supposed to firm the skin. If you've been reading my blog, you'll know that I've mentioned it's hard to see results from face wash and toner, so I can't really tell you if it actually lifts or firms, but I can tell you grape cells have been used for many years in many products and brands. Platinum is supposed to have great antioxidant effects so we'll see what happens.

I think the Gold Caviar Toner from SkinFood is a little bit more hydrating than this, but this one sinks into the skin quicker and better. Gold Caviar Toner is very thick, almost like a serum, this one is more watery.

It's like a little wine bottle! So cute


I like this toner. I haven't found a toner that I have actually seen a difference in my skin besides SKII's Facial Treatment Essence, but for those that are looking at trying this product, I say go for it!

Read from from their site: http://eng.theskinfood.com/products/product.asp?prdNo=1306
Price: No idea, they have flagship stores around the world, but I have been getting this from family members in Taiwan, so the price is different. I would say it's around $50-60.

Verdict: Try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment