Friday, December 28, 2012

Get your wallets out! It's the Best of 2012 from yours truly!



2012 has been an exciting year for beauty. I got to try many different products I love and some I didn't care much for. This is a collection of some of my favorite products of 2012. I couldn't list everything I liked, so this is a solid list of everything I use and will continue to buy! 

Some honorable mentions that I would love to point out that didn't make the list or I didn't have a category for are: Skinfood's Rice Washoff Mask, Fresh's Black Tea Instant Perfecting Mask, Natura Bisse's The Cure Serum, and Kate Somerville's ExfoliKate.  If you do a search on my blog, I've written a review on all the honorable mentions in the past. :) 

Happy and goodbye 2012!

May 2013 be even more exciting for beauty! Thank you all for being here with me. It's been great to share my thoughts with you all! 

Noted: Prices might change. The price listed is reflected at the time of the blog post.  

Favorite Toner
SKII Facial Treatment Essence $195

This not only acts as a hydrating toner, it is also a treatment for the overall face. It will brighten your entire complexion and lighten any spots or acne scars. I call it the holy water for the face!
Favorite Day Cream
La Mer Moisturizing Lotion $230

It’s hydrating even for the most sensitive skin. My skin tends to react to a lot of products and whenever I get a reaction, I always put this on to calm my skin. I actually have this and also the Oil-Absorbing Lotion (also $230) to switch back and forth depending on the weather. The Oil-Absorbing Lotion is the only lotion that has been able to prevent my nose from being oily. The Moisturizing Lotion is great to use all year long. Stop doing your research on La Mer and just buy it!
Favorite Night Cream
Givenchy Le Soin Noir $380

Why it’s the best? It’s a black facial cream! You will not find another cream like this on the market (actually, it’s kind of hard to find this in the US). It is extremely hydrating and it plumps and firms the skin. Everytime I stay on this for a few days, people start commenting on my skin asking what I use. It’s on the pricey side, so I only use this at night and also although it goes on clear, some people have said it does leave a greyish film on their face. The texture is almost like gelatin or pudding. It’s a great anti-aging product that is worth investing.
Favorite Serum
La Mer Regenerating Serum $260

I’ve noticed a lot of people don’t know what a serum does and often times they skip buying a serum. From my experience, a serum is a very important part of skin care. It is a treatment that targets your skin concerns, such as fine lines, wrinkles, or sun spots. It is not a moisturizer, however, I know some people use a hydrating serum and skip a moisturizer altogether.
A serum goes on before your moisturizer and after your toner.
You can almost see the difference in your skin in one day while on this serum. The overall texture of the face is more even and smooth. It encourages collagen production to fill in wrinkles and lines and gets rid of acne scars and imperfections. I tend to breakout at times and this serum has been great at preventing break outs. This is one product I always ask people to buy and everyone loves it. 
Favorite Eye Treatment
La Prairie Illuminating White Caviar Eye Serum

It is very hard to find an eye cream that works. I've tried many big brands and I am always hesitant to recommend an eye cream to anyone, because everyone's skin is different and often times eye treatments don't always work for everyone. However, I have been dealing with dark circles and this has been the only eye treatment that I saw a noticeable different. I do recommend it for people that have dark circles. It is expensive so get a sample first.   
Most Luxurious
Givenchy Le Soin Noir Lace Mask

Why it’s the most luxurious? Need I say more? Just LOOK AT IT!
Favorite New Product
Yves Saint Laurent Forever Youth Liberator Serum $150 or $200 for the larger size.

I haven’t used this long. I got a sample of it when they launched it and I remember loving how my skin feels and look when I used it. It smells amazing as well. I'm sure they will expand on the line next year! I also really like the unique design of all the bottles. I wasn't sure I like it at first, but they all look very stylish.
Favorite New Line
Guerlain Abeille Royale

The power of royal jelly and honey! I love this new line. It’s a great anti-aging line that is not too harsh or active. I wish they would come out with a body cream that has the scent of this line. My favorite thing from the line is the toner! it's absolutely fantastic
Best Brand Design
Tom Ford Beauty

Tom Ford always goes above and beyond with its branding and marketing. His beauty line is no exception.

No comments:

Post a Comment